- Unlimited HAY (80% of their diet)
(Timothy, grass + oat hay is ok)
- Pellets (1/4 cup a day per rabbit)
- Fresh, organic greens every day!
cilantro, kale, dandelion greens, parsley, carrot tops, basil, mint, romaine, bok choy, and more - see "Find Out More"
- occasional small treats
(high in sugar so feed in small amounts):
apple, pear, and peach slices
pieces of banana, mango (they like to chew on the pits, too!), pineapple, and melon
small piece of carrot
- NO CAGES- Indoor is best!
- Outdoor run area
- Don't isolate! Keep near YOU!
Rabbits are usually happiest when they have a friend (or two or three). Just like dogs, cats, and humans, rabbits get bored and lonely. Rabbits don't like every other rabbit they meet, and bonding rabbits can be tricky. For more info, click "Find Out More" below!
- They like wooden toys, toilet paper rolls, sticks, apple branches, and cardboard boxes to chew on and throw around!
No animal wants to be put in a cage and forgotten about. Rabbits need company and toys to keep them busy.
Often they are not the best animal for children. And they are not Easter gifts!
For more info, consult the experts!